Jasmin
Participant
Jasmin

1. Why do people don’t travel?

Money seems to be one of the biggest issues for people not to travel. Travelling is a huge expense and money can be a hinderance for people deciding to travel or not. War and social unrest is another reason why some decide not to travel and not wanting to be out of your comfort zone.

2. What is the difference between an infrastructure and a superstructure?

Infrastructure provides tourists with places to stay and easy modes of transport. Superstructure is the places and services that give tourists a positive experience.

3. What are some factors that have or will be affecting tourism in the 21st century?

Covid-19 is one of the biggest factors to hit the tourism industry in the past century. Other factors have been terrorism with a rise of attacks happening across the world. This can greatly reduce numbers of visitors to a place.

4. What is the world’s top tourist destination?

Paris seems to be one of the most visited cities in the world with the Eiffel Tower being a top destination for tourists.

5. What is your favourite destination in the world and why?

My favourite destination is Thailand, in 2018 I went travelling with my friend around the country. The beaches were some of the most beautiful I have ever seen whilst travelling. The food was amazing and it is a super affordable place to visit.