Joanna Gärdin
Participant
Joanna Gärdin

Why do people not travel?
There are a lot of different reasons as to why people may not want to travel, it could be because of financial reasons or because of a lack of an opportunity, it could also be because of a fear of change or maybe it’s just because the person dislikes having to go on trips even if it’s only cross-country. At the end of the day it could just come down to a lack of interest or motivation for travelling.

What is the difference between an infrastructure and a superstructure?
The difference between the two is that the infrastructure forms the base or foundation of business activity, while the superstructure forms the facilities and operational procedures of business activity.

What are some factors that have or will be affecting tourism in the 21st century?
Covid-19 is definitely one of the biggest causes to the drop in tourism, the fear of being infected as well as the lack of tourist destinations that are actually open can also be considered a major factor.

What is the world’s top tourist destination?
As one of the ‘most iconic cities in the world’ Paris, France tops the list as the worlds top tourist destination. Of course the popularity of a place can always change but the fact that paris is one of the world’s most highly visited and one of the most iconic cities ever built will never change. There are more than a handful of beautiful landmarks that can be found in paris but the most popular and certainly the main attraction on any tourists bucket list is the Eiffel Tower.

What is your favorite destination in the world and why
My favourite destination is in fact Paris, but not for the tourist attractions. I love the city because of its rich history as well as the stunning architecture. The atmosphere is just so calming to me and the best thing to do in my opinion when visiting Paris, is to just sit outside a cafe with a nice cup of coffee just taking in the surroundings of one of France’s oldest cities after Calais. It’s the best way to spend an afternoon. Paris can be a bit costly but in my opinion, it’s always worth the stay.