• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 4 days ago by Joanna Gärdin.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forum replies

• Kathryn Longstaff

Find out some push and pull factors in your country for the next 5 years and post your ideas below

William Dahlgren
    Participant
    William Dahlgren

Although Switzerland may be a mesmerizing country with a breathtaking view of the alps, mountains,landscape along with the food, it will make one willing to go there and to experience all of it physically besides seeing it or hearing about it. The country itself does have some flaws which are blinded by the spectacular things to do and what they have, for example, the migration to the country is quite difficult and to aply for a citizenship it requires a minimum of up to 5-10 years along with the different taxes for each canton. the country is divided into 4 speaking languages although the country is connected regardless of those differences the people and country itself is quite divided due to the variations of languages which makes this country as if it was four different ones all in one.

Alexander Ericson
    Participant
    Alexander Ericson

One of Swedens pull factors for is that we have labor demand and real wages. Which is why people want to immigrate here in the future near . So to countries where there are high levels of unemployment they would probably like to go here for a high chance of getting a job and/or education.
    While a push factor would be for freedom from political oppression or a conflict in a country which causes really bad living condition which makes it more a must to leave the country and the risk for a war within sweden is very low.

Valentin Börjeson Hedberg

As I do not know what is to come in the future I can only guess so much. But my guess is that Sigtuna, Sweden, will continue its trend with pull factors as its main form of tourist attraction. Five years is a while but I don’t think it is enough time to develop a new tourist attraction that makes push factors even more valuable.
    It is the oldest city in Sweden and has a unique architecture and archeological finds that makes its history so great. This generates generally a lot of tourism, not so much this year and last year 2020-2021, because of covid. And I am sure that 2021 will not bring many more people to town as summer is over. Sigtuna is very much a dead town in the winter when it comes to tourists exempt from business related visits, this is one of the main push factors.

That is for Sigtuna where we are located, if we look at the whole of Sweden then that might change, I don’t know. I think that wildlife will increase tourism as it is a main pull factor for Sweden’s visits. With the rate of global warming we in this country are in the position of warming and receiving higher temperatures year round. Last five years a lot has happened and in the coming five years snow might be non exciting in 50 % of the country’s area, ( the south side of course ). The north is also beautiful but is less visited by the average and the majority of tourists as it has too much snow or too cold for most people’s liking. This will decrease in five years I think and with a beautiful wildlife park, wildlife and northern culture themed hotel with restaurants that serve local meat dishes with berries and mushrooms that we harvest during the year. I think this already exists but with some good management and some fine hospitality skills, a great team can evolve this and also make this a large attraction during wintertime even up north. Such pull factors I think will evolve these coming years.

Max Burkinshaw
    Participant
    Max Burkinshaw

`The pull factors for the UK are that there is farming fertile land, also people from very poor countries with major wars going on they have live or die situation to move to a better country for a better future and gain high demand employment.
    For the push factors people may have relatives that live somewhere within the UK and want to see what the UK life is all about, Also there is religious freedom within the country so people from across the world can express their religious beliefs freely. There are also students from abroad that want an education in the UK. Another push factor is when people decide to create businesses and there might be more resources to help for these businesses to become successful in the UK.

Mania Ferdows
    Participant
    Mania Ferdows

Pull factors: Educational opportunity, religious sights, climate, and reliable migrant labor.
    – In Iran, education is compulsory between the ages of 6 and 11. Upper secondary education is not compulsory but is free and lasts three years.
    – There are 15 Religious Sites.
    Push factors: Religious freedoms, politics, low wages, and the social condition of women.
    – Islam, Christianity, Judaism, and Zoroastrianism are all acknowledged as official religions in Iran.
    – The Labor Ministry of Iran sets the national minimum wage for the next year at the end of each year, establishing a basic income for over 40 million Iranian workers.

Marcus Prising
    Participant
    Marcus Prising

Results show that Chinese tourists are pulled by the unique attractions, high quality of Canadian life, appealing travel ads, shopping opportunities, and Canadian cosmopolitan city life. The reasons for visiting Canada include prestige, family ties, exploration, and escape/leisure. Those are the pull factors. push factors could be an asylum, refuge from war, better quality of life and great living conditions.

Joanna Gärdin
    Participant
    Joanna Gärdin

Vietnam’s domestic migration is much more prominent than its overseas migrations. Internal migration, predominantly rural to urban migration, has increased rapidly over the past few decades compared to post war times. In Vietnam, the industrial zone has been developed rapidly for more than 20 years. However, the rate of migrant labor is high. Based on push and pull theory of migration the study is to find the reasons that push or pull rural labors to migrate to industrial zones. Migration is not always driven by the poor economic condition of the households in the areas of origin, it is the way of life of young rural laborers and the migrants in the zones that seem to be pulled rather than pushed. A few push factors that could continue and have caused migration before are: Conflict, Unemployment, Bad living conditions, and Poverty. On the other hand, pull factors are limited compared to the push factors listed above; Better health care, Better Education, Employment opportunities, Better living conditions. The conditions within Vietnam’s migratory complications have been and probably always will stay the same, it hasn’t changed for the last decade and there is a very small possibility that it will change drastically in the next five years from how it is now. Vietnamese citizens will always want to move from rural areas to a more urban living environment and it has always been that way.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.