Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forum replies

• Kathryn Longstaff

Lesson 2.2 Activity 3

How covid-19 has changed tourism in either our area or a location you know well.

Max Burkinshaw
    Participant
    Max Burkinshaw

`Covid 19 has made countries like Italy to close down everything they have to offer within the tourism industry then as a result of this almost all tourist businesses are having to shut down therefore as a result when the restrictions lift there will be no tourist sights to go to.

William Dahlgren
    Participant
    William Dahlgren

With the pandemic still being present and concern for the safety and health of the population, this is restraining people from going on tour, visiting other places, going to certain events or locations or merely even going outside their front door. Although the situation is starting to be stabilized and a acceptance of a regular thing to live with more and more touristic places and locations have started to open up and run back in business but with some different parameters and alternations. the limited amount of number people is in consideration, the restrictions for certain areas or locations, the safety and protection for others are taken into account whilst having the people visiting the areas in a safe way due to the virus.

Alexander Ericson
    Participant
    Alexander Ericson

In Malta for example which lives of tourism was nearly completely shutdown and a lot of businesses had to close because tourism plays such a big part in the country and their economy. This led to nightclubs, restaurants and different type of activity organisations to have to shutdown for more than a year. Now they have started to open back up but still fear the damage that can still be caused if the pandemic was to get worst again.

Mania Ferdows
    Participant
    Mania Ferdows

In my hometown, Tehran, Iran — The tourist business has sustained a loss of 320 rials. Since the pandemic, tourist agencies have been the second most impacted group in the tourism industry, with over 10 rials ($238 million) in losses and over 6,000 employees out of work. In October, Vali Teymouri, the deputy tourism head, stated that a new support package had been approved to settle loans to companies affected by the coronavirus outbreak. The loans would be allocated to tourist guides, travel agencies, tourism transport companies, educational institutions, eco-lodges, and traditional accommodations. In August, the tourism ministry had approved a total budget of 4,920 billion rials (over $117 million) to support corona-affected tourism businesses, covering as much as 36,000 people working in the tourism sector.

Valentin Börjeson Hedberg

Covid-19 has struck the hospitality industry hard, the work capacity usually needed is far from what the worst times in covids restrictions has required. The amount of staff is so much smaller is what I am saying. I noticed this when I tried to apply for a job at the early end of last year, around November. I got back mails from all locations and all were in the hospitality industry. One of the locations actually scheduled a meeting, after I went and we were done they wanted me there but had a list of staff that lost their job during covid and was in first hand of getting their positions back. This was the same scenario for 70% of all the replies I got over mail.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.