• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Areej Al Khaldi.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forum replies

• Kathryn Longstaff

Lesson 6.1 activity 2

Looking at various hotel websites, various OTAs, search engines and other reservations sites, look for the best price for a 4-star hotel in the center of Lisbon in Portugal, for 2 nights and for 2 adults:

• For Next Friday and Saturday night
    • For Next Tuesday and Wednesday
    • For Friday and Saturday night, 3 months from now
    • For next Tuesday and Wednesday night 3 months from now

Does anything surprise you about these results?

Aesha Khan
    Participant
    Aesha Khan

For next Friday and Saturday night (Booking.com)- Turim Iberia Hotel in the City Centre which offered £92 for a double room.

For next Tuesday and Wednesday (Trivago website) – Mercure Lisboa Almada offered £90.

For Friday and Saturday night, 3 months from now (Expedia) – Hotel Alif Avenidas offered £101.

For next Tuesday and Wednesday night 3 months from now (Hotels.com) – Hotel Alif Avenidas offered £101.

I was surprised at how affordable staying in a 4 star hotel can be using the right travel comparison website and found it interesting that Hotel Alif Avenidas appeared on two separate comparison websites, as Trivago and Booking.com had very different hotels. I found Booking.com to be my favourite to use as I have felt there was more variety in choice and affordability.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Aesha Khan.

Max
    Participant
    Max

• For Next Friday and Saturday night
    I used the website Kayak which I found a hotel called the Quinta Colina by Shiadu, the hotel offered £58 in total.

• For Next Tuesday and Wednesday
    On Booking.com I found the Rossio Boutique Hotel which offers £80.

• For Friday and Saturday night, 3 months from now
    I used Hotel Scanner which searches across various hotel comparison websites. The result I got was the Quinta Colina by Shiadu for €79 on the website Agoda.

• For next Tuesday and Wednesday night 3 months from now
    I used travelsupermarket.com which gave me the Quinta Colina by Shiadu again for the price of £69.

Does anything surprise you about these results?
    I didn’t expect for the results on Kayak to be so low and is the website I would definitely use for finding a good deal in the future. I also was surprised that on some websites the same results appear twice for nearby dates.

Max
    Participant
    Max

I have to disagree with Aesha about Booking.com, I thought Kayak was definitely a better website to use for finding a hotel.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Max.

Ali Al Marzooki
    Participant
    Ali Al Marzooki

For Next Friday and Saturday night

I used the site Momondo and found Quinta Colina by Shiadu for £58.

For Next Tuesday and Wednesday

I used Trivago and found the Turim Saldanha Hotel for £61.

For Friday and Saturday night, 3 months from now

I used Kayak and found Quinta Colina by Shiadu for £69

I was surprised at how cheap it currently is for a last minute weekend booking and how its more expensive the further in the future it is.

Jasmin
    Participant
    Jasmin

For Next Friday and Saturday night

Trivago – Lisbon Arsenal Suites £43

For Next Tuesday and Wednesday

Booking.com – Turim Iberia Hotel £92

For Friday and Saturday night, 3 months from now

Kayak – Lisbon Arsenal Suites £68

For next Tuesday and Wednesday night 3 months from now

Momondo – Lisbon Arsenal Suites £68

Like Ali I was surprised at how affordable it could be for a last minute booking. I was also surprised at the dramatic difference between some of the most popular comparison websites in terms of price

Areej Al Khaldi
    Participant
    Areej Al Khaldi

For Next Friday and Saturday night – Quinta Colina by Shiadu £58

For Next Tuesday and Wednesday – Lisbon Arsenal Suites £63

For Friday and Saturday night, 3 months from now – Hotel Alif Avenidas £78

For next Tuesday and Wednesday night 3 months from now – Casa Do Patio £88

I didn’t expect to get a four star hotel for such an affordable price. It was interesting to see how the different reservation sites worked. Some were a lot better than others in offering quality accommodation.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.